In my last post, I made a resolution to travel more in 2013, which sent me into traveler’s dreamland thinking about all the wonderful places I would like to visit.
We are in the process of making a traveler’s wish list of little trips we would like to take. Winnipeg will be a mandatory stop. My little nephew is turning 2 on May 1 and last year I only made it home once. I have aunty’s guilt from missing out on so many milestones. But aside from that, there are a few places on my list that I would love to make it to this year.
- Portland, OR - I hear it is like Mecca for Vegans. It would be awesome if we could take a trip there during the Portland Veg Fest, which I am pretty sure will take place some time in September. I have been a devout follower of Peas and Thank You for some time now, and Mama Pea’s posts on Portland (like this one) always make me want to book a flight ASAP.
- Austin, TX - We have friends that go to Austin City Limits almost every year (except this year because they are having a baby and I am pretty sure that will change some of their travel plans). There are so many things about Austin that appeal to me: the weather, the food, the cycling (Mellow Johnny’s)
- Asheville, NC – This one probably seems a little off the radar, but I really, REALLY want to go to Moogfest in 2013. We couldn’t make it in 2012 because it was smack dab in between the wedding and our honeymoon (it’s a hard life I know) but the lineup looked amazing.
- Quebec City – four years ago I fell in love with Montreal (it was the first trip we ever took together) and have wanted to travel to Quebec city ever since. I think it would make a great summer vacation to travel to Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec this summer.
- Antalya, Turkey – this is one of the big ones. Every year we take a 2-3 week trip somewhere great. So far, we have traveled together to Thailand, Laos, Philippines, Hong Kong and El Salvador. Turkey in on my dream list.
So that is my list (so far) for 2013. Tell me, where do you hope 2013 takes you??